My Health Record in Medilink
Medilink’s My Health Record integration allows the specialist to easily interact with the My Health Record portal during the consultation.
Below you will find additional information and learning tools to better explain this invaluable module.
Where can the MHR be accessed within Medilink?
- Medilink’s Clinical Module
- Medilink’s Document Manager
The Patient My Health Record icon in Medilink 2023 R1+ provides access to My Health Record documents for each of their patients. Once a clinician has verified the patient’s details and gained access to their My Health Record, they have access to the following documentation including:
- Shared Health Summaries from a primary physician
- Event Summary documents from other providers
- Discharge Summaries from past hospital admissions
- Health Record Overview
- Medicines View
- Prescription and Dispense View
- Pathology Report and Diagnostic Imaging Report Views
Patient My Health Record Window and Event Summary
Uploading to My Health Record
Medilink also provides the ability to upload the following My Health Record documents as part of the existing clinical workflow:
- Specialist Letters
My Health Record Upload Specialist Letter
Downloading My Health Record Documents
Providers have the option to download & save or view previous documents from other healthcare providers, and upload your own documents.
My Health Record Upload History Screen
Australian Digital Health Agency
The Australian Digital Health Agency provides online training, webinars, and other resources for healthcare providers to learn more about My Health Record.
- Find out more about My Health Record in specialist practice
- Latest statistics on how healthcare providers and consumers are using My Health Record
- Webinar: My Health Record for specialists
- Free online training modules to learn more about using and accessing My Health Record
Clinical Training Resources
The following PDF Training Resources to see how make the most of My Health Record in Medilink.
- Individual Healthcare Identifiers: IHI Number (Retrieval & Verification)
- Accessing: A Patient’s My Health Record | Upload History/Supersede
- Uploading: Prescriptions | Specialist Letters
- Viewing MHR Views
Setup and Activation Guide
Since this is the first part of connecting you to eHealth, there are a few things outside Medilink you will need to do to access My Health Record. The good news is that this process is the start for most eHealth integrations so should only need to be done once, if you already have a HPIO and HPII number you may also be able to skip some of the steps I will outline below.
Access to My Health Record is controlled by PRODA and HPOS, here is a link to their guide on setting My Health Record: https://www.digitalhealth.gov.au/healthcare-providers/initiatives-and-programs/my-health-record/implementing-my-health-record-in-your-healthcare-organisation
1. Register your organisation for an HPI-O
2. Link to Health Professional Online Service (HPOS)
3. Register a seed organisation with the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service
4. Obtain HPI-Is for all clinical staff who will be using My Health Record
Once you reach "Setting up access - accessing via conformant software" that is when we can assist you in linking everything to Medilink. Our main requirement is simply the security NASH SHA-2 certificate, this is easily applied for in HPOS:
If at any point you have trouble, please do not hesitate to contact us with your questions.