Bulk Letters is a new section for reviewing letters for all patients.
In it's most basic form, Bulk Letters has a filter, a grouping of actions, a list of letters, and a preview of the currently selected letter. Each of these sections are explained below (see the image for reference).
Click on the Toggle Filter button to show/hide the filter. With the filter open, click on the Apply button to load all letters that adhere to the specified filter.
- Start Date and End Date: filter for the date the letters were created.
- Provider: filter by provider.
- Review Letters: show review letters
- Ticked: only show review letters
- Unticked: only show letters that are not review letters
- Filled in: show all letters
- Secure Message Sent: show letters sent via secure e-messaging
- Ticked: only show letters sent via secure e-messaging
- Unticked: only show letters that have not been sent via secure e-messaging
- Filled in: show all letters
- Letter Status: choose letters that have the following status:
- Show All: show all letters
- For Review: only show review letters
- Filed: only show letters that are marked as Filed
- Action Required: only show letters that are marked as Action Required
- To Be Printed: only show letters that are marked as To Be Printed
The actions available in Bulk Letters are explained below. Some of these actions can only be performed for one letter at a time (see the notes appended to the action descriptions below).
- New Letter: create a new letter.
- Toggle Filter: toggle the filter (explained in previous section).
- Open: open the currently selected letter(s).
- File Review: change the status of the currently selected letter(s) to Filed.
- Send Secure: send the currently selected letter via secure e-messaging. Note: can only send one letter at a time.
- Send and File: one button to perform the Send Secure and File Review actions at once. Note: can only send and file one letter at a time.
- Print: prints the selected letter(s) via the default printer of the operating system (this may be different than the printer you have selected in Medilink).
- Print and File: one button to perform the Print and File Review actions at once.
The following actions are only visible with a review letter selected:
- Review Letter Status: a group of radio buttons that let you change the status of the selected review letter. Available statuses are For Review, Action Required, and To Be Printed.
- Review Letter Notes: change the description of the review letter - this saves automatically.
Shows the list of letters that match the specified filter. By default, will show all letters for the past month.
- The columns can be resized and re-ordered to suit your preferences - these changes will save when the window is closed.
- Select multiple letters by using the SHIFT or CTRL keys when clicking letters. Not all actions are available with multiple letters selected (see previous section for more information).
- Double-click a letter to open it.
Previews the currently selected letter.
- The preview pane can be resized by clicking and dragging the splitter (thin line between the letters and the preview).
- Change the preview orientation via Options menu >> Change Preview Orientation >> Veritcal/Horizontal.
- Turn the preview off via Options menu >> Show Letter Preview.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to Bulk Letters?
Open Bulk Letters from the Document Management System (DMS).