HealthPoint was released in Medilink 2018 R2. Uses include:
- Submit Allied Health claims via Medilink Cloud.
- Syncs to desktop, which has HealthPoint Audit Trail report.
- Cancel claims after the fact.
HealthPoint is available for use via Medilink Cloud. For enquiries, please email email@example.com or call 1300 881 995 (select option 2).
Below is a video guide of all functionality. If you prefer you can watch/pause it. Otherwise read on further below for screenshots and written instructions.
1. How to make a HealthPoint claim
1. Create your appointment(s) in Medilink Desktop in advance. These will be synced automatically periodically.
2. Open Medilink Cloud. For this demonstration we'll use our test site.
3. Navigate to the day you created the appointment in step 1.
4. Select your appointment and then select the invoice button (looks like a credit card icon).
5. Change the payment type drop-down to HealthPoint.
6. Select one of the '+' icons to add an item to the invoice.
7. Fill in the required fields (item number, item description, and item fee). The item description and fee will be retrieved automatically if you have the item saved in your desktop version of Medilink.
Tip: you can change the date of service for the item by clicking the calendar icon next to the date.
8. Select ADD to add the item to the invoice.
Tip: you can add multiple items to an invoice.
9. When you're ready to start processing the invoice, select the PROCESS button.
10. Select the SUBMIT button.
11. When the Tyro terminal is ready, Medilink Cloud will instruct you to swipe the patients health fund card.
12. Once the health fund card has been swiped, Tyro will respond with their assessment of the claim after a few seconds (can sometimes take a bit longer). You can choose to ACCEPT or REJECT this assessment.
13. You will be asked if you want to take further payment for the gap (select YES).
14. Select a payment method for the gap.
15. Follow the prompts to complete the gap payment.
16. Process complete! You will be shown a summary of the HealthPoint claim. You can refund the gap payment or cancel the claim completely if required.
- Completing a HealthPoint payment for a patient will change their appointment status to Finished as would any other billing event. This appointment status will sync back to your desktop version of Medilink.
- The trail of invoices and receipts can be viewed in the desktop version of Medilink as well. It will be shown in both Invoice Copies and the Patient/Account History Reports.
- You can generate an audit trail specifically for your HealthPoint claims. From the Accounting screen in Medilink, go to Admin >> Audit Trails >> HealthPoint Audit Trail.
2. How to refund the gap payment of a HealthPoint claim
1. Select the REFUND button on the invoice summary screen.
2. Select YES to confirm the refund.
3. How to cancel a HealthPoint claim
1. Select the CANCEL HP CLAIM button on the invoice summary screen.
2. You will be asked to confirm the cancellation of the claim before proceeding. Select YES to continue.
3. Click CANCEL CLAIM to proceed.
4. Swipe the patients health fund card.
Note: this step can take up to a minute.
5. Follow the prompts to print out a copy of the cancellation.
4. How to generate a report of HealthPoint claims
You can generate an audit trail specifically for your HealthPoint claims. From the Accounting screen in Medilink (not Medilink Cloud), go to Admin >> Audit Trails >> HealthPoint Audit Trail.
Note that this is not a remittance report - for a breakdown of that please review the Tyro/HealthPoint terminal/software.