- Close Medilink programs on all workstations.
- Log on to your Medilink server as an Admin user.
- Ensure Windows date is set to DD/MM/YYYY format.
- Clear the Medilink Users Logons (Launcher -> Users -> Clear).
- Backup your Medilink data (Launcher -> Backup or your own preferred backup method).
- Run a Table Rebuild (Launcher -> Table Rebuild).
- Run MEDILINK32BNT\BIN\ARCHIVE.EXE.
- Enter an appropriate date, patients that have not been seen since then will be archived.
- Click Perform Archive and leave it; this process may take a long time.
Note that if errors occur during the Archive process you should:
- Take a screenshot of the error and email Medilink Support.
- Roll back your data to the backup. If you used Launcher -> Backup, the MEDILINK32BNT\BACKUP\YYYYMMDDHHMMSS\DATA folder should replace MEDILINK32BNT\DATA.
Your old patients will now be archived. If you ever need to refer to these again you can via File Menu -> Tutorial / Archive Mode. To switch back to live data go to File Menu -> Registered Mode.
Please note that Archive Mode will seemingly function as normal, but it is imperative that you do not make changes or perform billing or submit claims etc in this mode. So care should be taken; only switch to Archive mode for looking up details and then immediately switch back.
Also note that old patients that are re-added to live data will not retain their histories. They may also be duplicated in third party clinical applications, which should then be merged (using the newer version of the patient).